The truth is this: paying customers are finding more and more ways to research products and services in their area. Widespread Internet access and mobile devices enable customers to find what they need instantly, on the go, and with high buying intent. This also comes with the high propensity to share experiences online with friends. If your business is not capitalizing on this shift, then you are losing out. Local businesses that serve a specific geographic area can no longer rely on simply placing their listing on yellow pages. Consumers are going beyond traditional methods of searching for products and services in their area. Here are some trends that you need to know:
• Local Searches on tools like Google Places and Bing Local grew by 144% between 2011 and 2012 (comScore)
• 86% of tablet owners made a purchase from their recent tablet-based local search (MarketingSherpa)
• 72% of smart phone owners made a purchase from their recent smart phone based local search (MarketingSherpa)
• 78% of all Internet users conduct product research online before making a local purchase (Pew Internet)
• 80% of users stated they have changed their minds on making a purchase because of a bad review they read online (Cone Communications)
These are trends that your business simply cannot afford to ignore.
You've seen how Local Buzz works through statistics. But more importantly, you've most likely already experienced its potential. You've felt it personally and you know it is no longer enough to rely on traditional methods to be visible to prospects. You need to be online, be visible, and be proactive. To survive the shift to mobile local searches and to thrive in it, you need to start using Local Buzz for your business right here, right now.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org now or call us at 866-864-2836 to schedule your free Local Buzz consultation with us.
Edward R. Kundahl, Ph.D., M.B.A. The SEO DoctorRead More